Glasgow Science Festival 2022 is (still a wee bit) hybrid!
As a result, OPTIMA will be making all it's public engagement with research activity hybrid tool.
- STEM on a shoestring
- STEM activities at home and school don’t have to cost the earth. You can catch a rainbow using nail polish, water and black card or totally confuse your folks with a pile of Smarties(TM) and the wrapper from a Quality Street sweet! Perhaps you want to make your very own hologram in the palm of your hand, or build your own fibre optic camera using nothing more than an empty toilet roll tube and some straws!
- The EPSRC/MRC OPTIMA researchers from Edinburgh and Strathclyde Universities have developed even more resources that you can use to investigate light and it’s connection to medicine.
- To download the activity sheets, please use the links below:
- STEM Saor Seòrsaich Smarties (Gàidhlig)
- STEM on a shoestring: Smarty sort (English)
- STEM Saor Boghachan-froise (Gàidhlig)
- STEM on a shoestring: Catching rainbows (English)
- STEM Saor: Hoileagram Pìobair (Gàidhlig)
- STEM on a shoestring: Pepper's Hologram (English)
- STEM Saor Clò-bualachadh (gorm) (Gàidhlig)
- STEM on a shoestring: Cyanotype printing (English)
- Contact Kirsty.Ross@strath.ac.uk if you’d like to receive free sets of physical resources for these activities.